After a month break, Five Minute Friday is back! I missed it, but during Christmas, it was good to have the break. For the newbies, FMF has just a few rules.
- Write for 5 minutes and leave it at that. I try, but I sometimes get carried away! “Stop” tells you when the 5 minutes ran out. I add my photos and lay out my post after the 5 minutes, but you don’t even have to do that! I’m just a little OCD.
- Link your post to Gypsy Mama’s FMF page.
- Most important of all! Leave an encouraging message at the post ahead of yours…and any others you want.
A new opportunity
it sits there like a new snowfall.
glistening in the sun.
there are no tracks to mess it up.
…or a new born baby
screaming at the light.
after she is washed and wrapped
so clean and cozy,
calm and fresh.
unhurt by harsh words
or pushed around by older brothers or sisters.
she curls up and nurses
in the safety of
her mother’s warm arms.
Those two views give us
a snapshot of the opportunity of a new year
It is a way to start out on a new page, the story of our lives.
We have a new opportunity…
- to forgive
- to grow stop
- to love
- to stretch
to watch GOD work…
- in our lives
- in the lives of those we love
- in the church of which we are a part
- in the community where we live
- in the world that needs Him
This opportunity is also one where we have
the comfort and assurance
of the presence of GOD,
as the newborn baby has her mother and father
- to protect her
- to teach her
- to encourage her.
In this opportunity that stretches before us,
we can trust GOD for the things we will face this year.
We don’t know what is ahead, but He does.
Thankfully, He is up to each challenge that faces us!