Five Minute Friday. What is it? An opportunity for us to write and find our voice. We write for 5 minutes…unless we really get carried away! (Then we let you know!) I do read over mine to be sure it makes sense. Then I add a photo and links…and it is on its way!
REMEMBER the past.
As you read the Old Testament,
- God’s people are told to remember;
- to pass on to the next generation,
- how He has kept covenant with His people.
- How God kept His promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- How He won the victory for timid Gideon despite such a small army.
- How He forgave Samson so completely that Samson was listed in the hall of faith in Hebrews 11.
- the goodness, faithfulnees, provision of God in the past.
But what about Lot’s wife? She looked back to “remember” against God’s command.
What was that? Remembering a life of compromise with sin and looking back on it with longing?
REMEMBER ME…God’s desire for us when we partake the Lord’s Supper.
- We remember our sin.
- We remember His death.
- We remember His triumph over sin and death.
Thank you Lord. We remember with thanksgiving…
for your abundant, extravagant, amazing, scandalous grace…to us!